Minutes 27th February 2018

Minutes of Deeping Gate Parish Council Meeting Held on 27 February 2018 at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall

Present:  J Hill (Chairperson),  P Thompson (Vice Chair), J Lill, S Hudspeth, C Fuller,  N Kerr, G Purllant

Chair welcomed 2 members of the public.

  1. Minutes from previous meeting held on 23 January 2018 signed and approved.
  2. Matters Arising
    1. Speeding Cllr Hudspeth suggested purchasing adhesive speed signs to be displayed on householders’ waste bins along Peakirk Road, Suttons Lane and Deeping St James Road where speeding is a particular problem.  Cllr Fuller stated that there is a Community Leadership Fund held by Ward Councillors P Hiller and J Holdich.  It was agreed that Clerk would approach both Ward Councillors to ask for money from fund.  It was also suggested that the Clerk approach Andy Tatt to ask for a member of Highways or the Road Safety Team to come out to observe traffic during a busy time in order to see the problem of speeding for themselves.
    2. Coffee Morning on 17th March at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall Cllr Hill reminded everyone of the coffee morning to join in the discussion of landscaping around the village hall and purchase of adult outdoor exercise equipment.
    3. Memorial Bench Brochures have been obtained and given to Mrs Martin to peruse.  The bench will be sited between the information board and the village sign on River
  3. Correspondence
    1. Letter from J Anderson dated 29th January 2018 Letter received with regard to proposed parking restrictions in Suttons Lane, Deeping Gate in which it was stated that this proposal is to be removed from the current Legal Order. Cllrs suggested inviting the local PCSO to a meeting to discuss this and other traffic problems in the parish.  Clerk to contact PCSO or his superior.   An entry will be put in the Village Tribune to say that this has been looked at.
    2. Letter from Cllr J Holdich OBE received 10th February 2018 investigations are still ongoing with regards to who owns the footpath from the High Locks at Deeping Gate to the end of Riverside.  Clerk is also in correspondence with Martin Benn of PCC.
  4. Planning no objections raised to current planning applications.  Cllrs were asked to acknowledge receipt of planning applications by emailing Cllr Fuller to let her know whether there were any objections, or not.   Chairman requested that Clerk is copied into all responses.
  5. Finance Cheques were issued in the sums of £11 for reimbursement to Clerk for office consumables and one for £25 to Vivacity Culture and Leisure for archiving of old parish records.
  6. Community Issues
    1. Black Gate Bridge, Peakirk Road Clerk said that an email had been sent to PCC in July 2017.  Follow up email had been sent and the response was that PCC are currently trying to locate a stonemason to do the repair work.  Clerk will chase up if work not done within the next few wee
  7. Village Matters
    1. Spring Litter Pick is to take place on Sunday 4th March 2018.  Notices will be placed on Parish Noticeboards and Cllr Thompson will update the parish Facebook page.
    2. Street Lighting Clerk asked whether the faulty street lights reported at last meeting had now been repaired.  Cllrs reported that some had but that one on Peakirk Road works only intermittently.
    3. Forthcoming meetings Cllr Hill suggested that in the interest of consistency, all future meetings should take place on the second Tuesday of every month.  Clerk to contact Karen Cooper to re-arrange the meetings in June and July (all other meetings to remain as they are).

The meeting close at 8.35pm.  There will be no meeting in March with the next meeting taking place on 10 April 2018 at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall.