Minutes of meeting on 12th March 2019

Draft Minutes of meeting on 12th March 2019



held on Tuesday 12th March 2019

at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall


Present:                 Councillors    J Hill (Chair)                Phil Thompson (Vice Chair)               Janet Lill                                                                                          Sandra Hudspeth       Nicola Kerr


075/19  Chairman’s welcome                                                                         

076/19  APOLOGIES :  Geoff Purllant   Carol Fuller

077/19  OPEN FORUM FOR QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC One resident attended.


078/19  MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING HELD ON 8th JANUARY 2019   Approved and signed. 


  1. Additional street lights on Suttons Lane Email received from D Deadman, Street and Lighting Programme Officer on 10th March 2019.  Clerk to reply and get further information.
  2. Additional Bin for Deeping St James Road and the end of Bridgegate Lane Email received from PCC stating that this has now been ordered.
  3. Village Gate Clerk to speak to Clerks at Hartford and Marholm to establish how their village gates were acquired and what planning permission was required, if any. Also contact Highways Department of PCC and discuss.


  1. Invitation received from Deeping St James Parish Council inviting Chair and Councillors to their Annual Parish Meeting on 23rd April 2019. Cllrs Kerr and Hudspeth will attend.
  2. Email received from resident complaining about the state of the verges at the east end of Suttons Lane. This has been an ongoing problem since 2011.  Clerk asked to send photos to PCC and request a meeting to review the area and discuss what can be done (Ref 023/186)081/19  FINANCE
  1. Cheque payment was made in reimbursement for renewal of McAfee Total Protection £44.199
  2. Clerk to contact another parish clerk to discuss Unity Bank as a possible alternative to Barclays.

082/19  PLANNING

  1.  19/00302/HHFUL   objections to proposal to be sent to PCC


  1. Village Sign 3 businesses have been approached and quotes received.  Clerk to contact JohnEley to ask if the sign can be made in a more durable material to that quoted, perhaps moisture resistant MDF.  It was decided that a new sign will be made rather than a refurbishment of the existing one.  Once agreed, Clerk to investigate whether funding will be available.
  2. Village Gate As above at 079/19 (c).
  3. Parish History Additional information was given to Clerk who will review all material and write an article for the Parish Council website.
  4. Xmas Sing-Along 2019 a discussion to take place as to whether people outside the parish should be invited.  No decision reached and therefore will be discuss at a future meeting
  5. Summer Bulb Planting Agreed that this was a good idea.  Cllr Hill to purchase these.
  6. Graffiti on bus stop on Lincoln Road Cllr Hudspeth reported that the bus stop had been defaced and also a sign on Sutton Lane.  Clerk to contact PCC and ask for these to be cleaned.
  7. Previous visit to Highway Safety (Network Manager) 11th June 2018 Cllr Hill will circulate his email which was sent after his visit.  No action has been taken and she will contact him again for an update. 


  1. Spring Litter Pick/Clean for the Queen  This will take place on Sunday 7th April 2019.  People to meet at the Parish Council Noticeboard on Riverside at 10.00am.   Clerk to produce poster advertising the event.
  2. Village Tribune Chairman was asked to include an entry to list dates of forthcoming Parish Council meetings and to mention the village winning the Best Kept Village in 1987.

Meeting closed at 9.00pm.  Next meeting will take place on Tuesday 9th March 2019 at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall.

Signed …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….   Date ……………………………