DEEPING GATE PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF DEEPING GATE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
held on Tuesday 8th January 2019
at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall
Present: Councillors J Hill (Chair) Phil Thompson (Vice Chair) Janet Lill Sandra Hudspeth Geoff Purllant Nicola Kerr Carol Fuller
065/19 APOLOGIES : None
066/19 OPEN FORUM FOR QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC.
- Two members of the public attended. Resident from Riverside had objections to planning application, reference 18/02090/FUL with regard to traffic being impeded by construction vehicles during the proposed construction of 2 houses on Riverside. Resident was advised to contact Peterborough City Council (PCC) direct. Resident also informed council that streetlight PCC5 (near 19/19A Riverside) was not working. Clerk to notify PCC.
067/19 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST None
068/19 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING HELD ON 11th DECEMBER 2018 Approved and signed.
069/19 CLERK’S UPDATE
- Clerk has contacted PCC with regard to proposed additional streetlights on Suttons Lane. Email sent on 2 January 2019.
- Clerk has enquired whether an additional litter bin could be provided on the footpath of Deeping St James Road at the end of Bridgegate Lane. James Collingridge of PCC replied that he would look into this.
- A further email was sent to PCC asking for permission to erect a village “gate” on Peakirk Road. No answer has been received. Clerk asked to contact Cllr P Hiller and to ascertain who owns the verge where it might be sited.
- Councillors asked Clerk to acquire a hard copy of Glasdon Gates catalogue.
- Clerk was asked to invite Rev Mark-Aaron B Tisdale to Council’s Annual General Meeting on 14th May 2019.
070/19 CORRESPONDENCE A card had been received from a resident thanking he Parish Council for arranging the Christmas Sing-Along.
- Cheque payments were made in reimbursement for purchase of printer cartridge and Christmas Sing-Along expenses.
- Budget for 2019/20
Clerk produced the proposed budget. After some discussion it was agreed to increase the budget for office equipment by 5%. The budget was then proposed for adoption by Cllr Thompson and seconded by Cllr Fuller following agreement by all councillors. The Precept figure will be £4263. Clerk to send figure to PCC.
- 18/02090/FUL No objections
- 18/02113/HHFUL No objections
- 18/02099/HHFUL No objections
073/19 COMMUNITY ISSUES
- Village Signpost – Clerk informed councillors of quotes received to date for this work. She was asked to obtain further quotes to ensure best value for money.
- Website – History section requires information. Cllr Hudspeth has sent Clerk some and P Thompson will send further information. Clerk to update website when information received.
- Christmas Sing-Along 2019 – 15th December 2019.
- Fletton Quays visit by Councillors at Cllr Hiller’s specific request for suggested dates. Clerk to confirm either Thursday 7thor Thursday 14th February”.
074/19 VILLAGE MATTERS
- Cllr Hill told of a road traffic accident on Peakirk Road prior to Christmas. The Police were made aware and the vehicle has now been removed.
- Cllr Hudspeth reported that she and Cllr Lill (and partners) had met with Councillors from market Deeping and Deeping St James at the Walnut Tree for a Christmas drink and chat. Cllr Hudspeth suggested inviting Market Deeping and Deeping /St James councillors to the 2019 Christmas Sing-Along. For discussion at next meeting.
- Cllrs were reminded that the next Parish Liaison meeting is to take place on 13th February 2019.
- Cllr Purllant informed council that there is a large pothole nearby number 84 Lincoln Road and also mentioned a “manhole/pothole on Maxey View grass verge opposite The Spinney. Clerk to inform PCC
- It was muted about changing our current bankers. This will be added to next month’s agenda. Clerk to gather information from other Parish Clerks asking for recommendations.
- Chair asked if all were in agreement with holding parish meetings on the second Tuesday of each month (apart from February and August when council does not meet). All present agreed. Village Hall Meeting Room booked for 2019. Chair booking 2020 dates in same manner.
- Chair asked for topic of article to be put in Village Tribune. Suggested that a recap of what the Council has achieved in the past year. Chair to consider.
- It was reported that the streetlight near the traffic calming area on Deeping St James Road is completely obscured by overhanging branches from tree (PCC7). Clerk to report to Highways Department.
Meeting closed at 8.50pm. Next meeting will take place on Tuesday 12th March 2019 at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall.
Signed ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. Date ……………………………