Minutes dated 22nd May 2018

 UNAPPROVED MINUTES OF DEEPING GATE ANNUAL MEETING AND PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

held on Tuesday 22nd May 2018 at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall

Present: Councillors      J Hill      P Thompson     N Kerr     S Hudspeth     J Lill     G Purllant     C Fuller
001/18 APOLOGIES : None

002/18 ELECTION OF OFFICERS:
Chair: J Hill Proposed : P Thompson Seconded: C Fuller
Vice Chair: PThompson Proposed: J Lill Seconded: S Hudspeth
Planning Officer: C Fuller Proposed: J Hill Seconded: P Thompson
Safety Officer: N Kerr Proposed: J Hill Seconded: G Purllant

Non-elective positions held by P Thompson – Trustee of Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall Jane Hill – Trustee of Money Relief in Need

003/18 OPEN FORUM FOR QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC

a. Lack of Drainage on Suttons Lane Parishioner explained in detail where drains have been filled in on Suttons Lane. Clerk to meet with him to observe the site and report to Peterborough City Council (PCC).

004/18 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING HELD ON 10TH APRIL 2018      Chair pointed out that 4a and 4b should have the addition of the word Approved.  Point 5 should have the word NOT taken out as this was typed in error.

005/18 MATTERS ARISING

a. Blackgate Bridge Clerk to follow up (as this has been ongoing since July 2017 with no repairs being carried out) with PCC.
b. Drainage As mentioned during Open Forum, Clerk to follow up with Peter Tebbs of PCC.
c. Self-Adhesive Signs Clerk reported that these have been ordered through PCC. There had been a problem with the design at the printers. Clerk will contact Claire George of PCC to see when these will be delivered.
d. Memorial Bench Former Councillor, M Martin, wishes a memorial bench (with funds from the Rotary Club) to be purchased in memory of her husband. This will be placed on the flat piece of land beside Deeping St James bridge next to the Deeping Gate Village information board. Clerk to inform Ward Councillor, Peter Hiller, as matter of courtesy.
e. Speeding Several councillors will meet with Peter Tebbs of PCC on Thursday 8th June in order for the latter to observe the speed of traffic using Deeping St James Road, Peakirk Road, Suttons Lane and Maxey Road.

006/18 CORRESPONDENCE

a. Letter received from parishioner dated 2nd May 2018 concerning the poor Broadband and telephone infrastructure within Deeping Gate. He had requested that a letter on behalf of the residents be sent to British Telecom by the Parish Councillors. Chair stated that this problem dated back to May 2012. Clerk was asked to contact PCC in the first instance.
b. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) Clerk stated that she had received correspondence regarding the new GDPR. As the parish does not hold any personal date on residents this is not a problem. Users of the new Parish Website will be asked to subscribe to the newsletter, thus giving consent to hold their data.

007/18 PLANNING   18/00824/HHFUL     No objections to planning application. Chair requested that in future, Clerk replies to Planning Department on behalf of the Parish Council.

008/18 FINANCE

a. Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2018 – approved and signed by J Hill (Chair)
b. Precept – the Precept had been received from PCC in the sum of £3921.20
c. Internal Audit – Signed by J Hill (Chair)
d. AGAR (Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2017/18 – Signed by J Hill
e. Payments – Eyelid Productions (Parish website) £645.00 CAPALC membership £215.90 Affordable PC Solutions £160.00 Printer Cartridges £28.99
f. Cllr Thompson suggested that in the event of future printer problems, the Parish Council will purchase a newer printer. All agreed.
009/19 COMMUNITY ISSUES
a. Pot Holes in Suttons Lane – N Kerr reported that there are potholes in Suttons Lane. J Hill said that potholes will be identified and photographed before reporting to PCC.
b. The litter bin on Suttons Lane appears to be used for domestic waste and grass cuttings instead of general litter. Photographic evidence will be sent to PCC and a request for a larger bin with a lid will be made.

010/18 VILLAGE MATTERS

a. Parishioner had asked if lights and traffic lights could be put on Deeping St James bridge. Councillors stated that a survey had been carried out some years ago by PCC and that the reply had been in the negative.
b. J Lill stated that a willow tree on the riverbank (opposite 12 Riverside) needed to be cut back due to concerns regarding the power lines between its branches. She had contacted PCC but asked that Clerk also report concerns with a request for an inspection to be undertaken.
c. C Fuller queried next month’s meeting date. Chair explained that future meetings will take place on the second Tuesday of each month.
d. G Purllant stated that since the eviction of the travellers on the old Lincoln road, the ditches are full of rubbish, excrement and grass cuttings. Clerk was asked to contact PCC to have this cleared.
e. Clerk was asked to contact Sylvia Radouani of PCC and supply dates of future meetings as she expressed an interest to attend. Councillors were asked to consider topics they would like to discuss with her.
f. Chair reported that a resident had asked if the post box on the corner of Suttons Lane and Lincoln Road could be moved into Suttons Lane next to the Parish Council noticeboard.

Meeting closed at 9.05pm . Next meeting will take place on Tuesday 12th June 2018 at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall.

Signed ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. Date ……………………………