Lincolnshire Trading Standards

Theft Of Tools From Vehicles

Agenda for Meeting on 9th April 2019

DEEPING GATE PARISH COUNCIL

You are hereby summoned to attend the Parish Council meeting of the Deeping Gate Parish Council on Tuesday 9th April 2019 at 7.30pm at the Northborough  and Deeping Gate Village Hall.  Members of the Public and the Press are invited to attend

There will then be an open forum lasting a maximum of 15 minutes to permit residents to address the Council before the meeting is formally opened (which will be at the closing of the Open Forum at 7.45pm, whichever is the sooner).  Members of the public are welcome to stay for the meeting with the exception of any closed session, but they may not speak on any matter after the public meeting is closed.

AGENDA

Chairman’s welcome

085/19  Apologies           Cllr J Lill

086/19  Open Forum –    Open for questions by the public – 15 minutes

087/19  Declarations of Interest

088/19  Minutes from previous meeting held on 12th March 2019

089/19  Clerk’s Update on points of action from previous meeting

090/19  Correspondence  Email from Cllr C Fuller regarding her resignation

091/19  Finance 

  1. Suggested change of bank
  2. Reimbursement to Clerk for purchase of ink cartridges

092/19  Planning

Reference Proposal Address
19/00094/LBC Internal damp proofing – retrospective 27 Riverside Deeping Gate PE6 9AJ

APPROVED BY PCC

 093/19  Community Issues

  1. Replacement of street signs for Fairfax Way and Suttons Lane

094/19  Village Matters

  1. Reference minutes of 11.12.18, 065/18, Deeping St. James Road footpath/cycle path.

 

Signed                  Lynn George.                           Date 4th April 2019

 

 

Draft Minutes of Meeting 12th March 2019

 

DEEPING GATE PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES OF DEEPING GATE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

held on Tuesday 12th March 2019

at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall

 

Present:                 Councillors                      J Hill (Chair)                Phil Thompson (Vice Chair)               Janet Lill                                                                                         Sandra Hudspeth       Nicola Kerr

075/19  Chairman’s welcome                                                                         

076/19  APOLOGIES :  Geoff Purllant   Carol Fuller

077/19  OPEN FORUM FOR QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC One resident attended.

077/19  DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST   None

078/19  MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING HELD ON 8th JANUARY 2019   Approved and signed. 

079/19  CLERK’S UPDATE

  1. Additional street lights on Suttons Lane Email received from D Deadman, Street and Lighting Programme Officer on 10th March 2019.  Clerk to reply and get further information.
  2. Additional Bin for Deeping St James Road and the end of Bridgegate Lane Email received from PCC stating that this has now been ordered.
  3. Village Gate Clerk to speak to Clerks at Hartford and Marholm to establish how their village gates were acquired and what planning permission was required, if any. Also contact Highways Department of PCC and discuss.

080/19  CORRESPONDENCE  

  1. Invitation received from Deeping St James Parish Council inviting Chair and Councillors to their Annual Parish Meeting on 23rd April 2019. Cllrs Kerr and Hudspeth will attend.
  2. Email received from resident complaining about the state of the verges at the east end of Suttons Lane. This has been an ongoing problem since 2011.  Clerk asked to send photos to PCC and request a meeting to review the area and discuss what can be done (Ref 023/186)

081/19  FINANCE

  1. Cheque payment was made in reimbursement for renewal of McAfee Total Protection £44.199
  2. Clerk to contact another parish clerk to discuss Unity Bank as a possible alternative to Barclays.

082/19  PLANNING

  1.  19/00302/HHFUL   objections to proposal to be sent to PCC

083/19 COMMUNITY ISSUES

  1. Village Sign 3 businesses have been approached and quotes received.  Clerk to contact JohnEley to ask if the sign can be made in a more durable material to that quoted, perhaps moisture resistant MDF.  It was decided that a new sign will be made rather than a refurbishment of the existing one.  Once agreed, Clerk to investigate whether funding will be available.
  2. Village Gate As above at 079/19 (c).
  3. Parish History Additional information was given to Clerk who will review all material and write an article for the Parish Council website.
  4. Xmas Sing-Along 2019 a discussion to take place as to whether people outside the parish should be invited.  No decision reached and therefore will be discuss at a future meeting
  5. Summer Bulb Planting Agreed that this was a good idea.  Cllr Hill to purchase these.
  6. Graffiti on bus stop on Lincoln Road Cllr Hudspeth reported that the bus stop had been defaced and also a sign on Sutton Lane.  Clerk to contact PCC and ask for these to be cleaned.
  7. Previous visit to Highway Safety (Network Manager) 11th June 2018 Cllr Hill will circulate his email which was sent after his visit.  No action has been taken and she will contact him again for an update. 

084/19  VILLAGE MATTERS 

  1. Spring Litter Pick/Clean for the Queen  This will take place on Sunday 7th April 2019.  People to meet at the Parish Council Noticeboard on Riverside at 10.00am.   Clerk to produce poster advertising the event.
  2. Village Tribune Chairman was asked to include an entry to list dates of forthcoming Parish Council meetings and to mention the village winning the Best Kept Village in 1987.

Meeting closed at 9.00pm.  Next meeting will take place on Tuesday 9th March 2019 at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall.

Signed …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….   Date ……………………………

 

 

 

 

Approved Minutes of Meeting 8th January 2019

 

DEEPING GATE PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF DEEPING GATE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

held on Tuesday 8th January 2019

at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall

 

Present:                 Councillors                      J Hill (Chair)                Phil Thompson (Vice Chair)               Janet Lill                                                                                          Sandra Hudspeth       Geoff Purllant      Nicola Kerr  Carol Fuller

065/19  APOLOGIES :  None

066/19  OPEN FORUM FOR QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC. 

  1. Two members of the public attended. Resident from Riverside had objections to planning application, reference 18/02090/FUL with regard to traffic being impeded by construction vehicles during the proposed construction of 2 houses on Riverside.  Resident was advised to contact Peterborough City Council (PCC) direct.  Resident also informed council that streetlight PCC5 (near 19/19A Riverside) was not working.  Clerk to notify PCC.

067/19  DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST   None

068/19  MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING HELD ON 11th DECEMBER 2018 Approved and signed. 

069/19  CLERK’S UPDATE

  1. Clerk has contacted PCC with regard to proposed additional streetlights on Suttons Lane.  Email sent on 2 January 2019.
  2. Clerk has enquired whether an additional litter bin could be provided on the footpath of Deeping St James Road at the end of Bridgegate Lane. James Collingridge of PCC replied that he would look into this.
  3. A further email was sent to PCC asking for permission to erect a village “gate” on Peakirk Road. No answer has been received.  Clerk asked to contact Cllr P Hiller and to ascertain who owns the verge where it might be sited.
  4. Councillors asked Clerk to acquire a hard copy of Glasdon Gates catalogue.
  5. Clerk was asked to invite Rev Mark-Aaron B Tisdale to Council’s Annual General Meeting on 14th May 2019.

070/19  CORRESPONDENCE   A card had been received from a resident thanking he Parish Council for arranging the Christmas Sing-Along.

071/19  FINANCE

  1. Cheque payments were made in reimbursement for purchase of printer cartridge and Christmas Sing-Along expenses.
  2. Budget for 2019/20

Clerk produced the proposed budget.  After some discussion it was agreed to increase the budget for office equipment by 5%.  The budget was then proposed for adoption by Cllr Thompson and seconded by Cllr Fuller following agreement by all councillors.  The Precept figure will be £4263.  Clerk to send figure to PCC.

072/19  PLANNING

  1. 18/02090/FUL                     No objections
  2. 18/02113/HHFUL               No objections
  3. 18/02099/HHFUL               No objections

073/19 COMMUNITY ISSUES

  1. Village Signpost – Clerk informed councillors of quotes received to date for this work. She was asked to obtain further quotes to ensure best value for money.
  2. Website – History section requires information. Cllr Hudspeth has sent Clerk some and P Thompson will send further information.  Clerk to update website when information received.
  3. Christmas Sing-Along 2019 – 15th December 2019.
  4. Fletton Quays visit by Councillors at Cllr Hiller’s specific request for suggested dates. Clerk to confirm either Thursday 7thor Thursday 14th February”. 

074/19  VILLAGE MATTERS 

  1. Cllr Hill told of a road traffic accident on Peakirk Road prior to Christmas.  The Police were made aware and the vehicle has now been removed.
  2. Cllr Hudspeth reported that she and Cllr Lill (and partners) had met with Councillors from market Deeping and Deeping St James at the Walnut Tree for a Christmas drink and chat. Cllr Hudspeth suggested inviting Market Deeping and Deeping /St James councillors to the 2019 Christmas Sing-Along.    For discussion at next meeting.
  3. Cllrs were reminded that the next Parish Liaison meeting is to take place on 13th February 2019.
  4. Cllr Purllant informed council that there is a large pothole nearby number 84 Lincoln Road and also mentioned a “manhole/pothole on Maxey View grass verge opposite The Spinney. Clerk to inform PCC
  5. It was muted about changing our current bankers. This will be added to next month’s agenda.  Clerk to gather information from other Parish Clerks asking for recommendations.
  6. Chair asked if all were in agreement with holding parish meetings on the second Tuesday of each month (apart from February and August when council does not meet). All present agreed.  Village Hall Meeting Room booked for 2019.  Chair booking 2020 dates in same manner.
  7. Chair asked for topic of article to be put in Village Tribune. Suggested that a recap of what the Council has achieved in the past year.  Chair to consider.
  8. It was reported that the streetlight near the traffic calming area on Deeping St James Road is completely obscured by overhanging branches from tree (PCC7). Clerk to report to Highways Department.

Meeting closed at 8.50pm.  Next meeting will take place on Tuesday 12th March 2019 at Northborough and Deeping Gate Village Hall.

 

Signed …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….   Date ……………………………